Thursday, March 31, 2016

Pink Time!

Toward the end of 2015 I had a desire to bring PINK into my work. It began with 01-14-2016 and continued with these two paintings below. The pink idea came from a Jonathan Lasker show at Cheim & Read Gallery in NYC, I saw this one painting by him and it gave me an urge to go pink for a while. When I think about these three paintings, actually two when it comes to actual pink paint, I burnt myself out on pink. Guess it was a culmination of a number of factors, but I won't bother you with that.

02-21-2016
22 X 16IN
Acrylic on Acrylic Yarn on Painted Wood Chassis







02-27-2016
22 X 16IN
Acrylic on Acrylic Yarn on Painted Wood Chassis

This is one of the few paintings I have made with 2 colors of yarn over the chassis. I don't do that much but I always seem to like it's flavor.









As always, click on the images to open them larger.

2 comments:

  1. love the pink! I was a local show recently and I saw pink and gold...IT was so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and Gold. OOOH that sounds good. Thanks Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States

Labels

Followers

There was an error in this gadget